Friday, November 27, 2009

Can anyone (preferably african american ladies) advise me on how to get my hair looking straight and

I would like to know what the best procedure/process is for achieving that healthy straight hair look. Should I go out to buy a hair straightner? What about the hair wrapper? Help!!



Can anyone (preferably african american ladies) advise me on how to get my hair looking straight and healthy?

What usually works for my hair: I keep my hair and scalp well oiled. When I wash my hair I usually use LeKair Shampoo and Cholesterol Conditioner or Pantene for natural or relaxed hair. I try to use curling and flat irons not too much and just wrap my hair up with a silk scarf. Try to keep you ends clipped. As flat irons, I usually use gold n hot. You can get it at Wal-mart, Sally's Beauty Supply or any other place that sells hair products. Also, talk to your beautician about what products may work for your hair.



Hopes this helps



Can anyone (preferably african american ladies) advise me on how to get my hair looking straight and healthy?

buy a chi flat iron .. it doesnt break / damage hair like the other flat irons do



Can anyone (preferably african american ladies) advise me on how to get my hair looking straight and healthy?

Go get a professional relaxer, and ask the hairdresser to show you how to wrap your at night. Healthy hair must be wrapped every night.



Can anyone (preferably african american ladies) advise me on how to get my hair looking straight and healthy?

Well now days perms are thining peoples hair out,so id prefer a pressing comb every 3 weeks.



Thats what im doing.



Can anyone (preferably african american ladies) advise me on how to get my hair looking straight and healthy?

You should buy a flat iron. It will make your hair straight and if you don't do it very often your hair won't be too damged



And also the more exspecive irons are better than the cheap ones because well.... THEY ARE CHEAPY



Can anyone (preferably african american ladies) advise me on how to get my hair looking straight and healthy?

buy a chi flat iron .. it doesnt break / damage hair like the other flat irons do



4 minutes ago



props to the 1 in 1st



Can anyone (preferably african american ladies) advise me on how to get my hair looking straight and healthy?

Chi's do not last long. They break way too easily. Don't waste your money, and don't listen to the one's that are telling you it's the best. Sedu is one of the best straighteners out there and it is only $100.



To purcase a Sedu at the cheapest price, go to Folica.com , scroll to the very top and click on Hair Styling. On the left hand side, there will be and A - Z brand list. Find Sedu, click on it, and everything else from there is self - explanitory.



For more information on a Sedu, you can go to sedubeauty.com.



Curling with a Sedu:



http://youtube.com/watch?v=k57daS_c_yI



Flipping hair with a Sedu:



http://youtube.com/watch?v=qrMPuIdQ0vw



I would also recommend using a 1 inch instead of 1 1/2 inch, because the 1 1/2 doesn't do curls very well.



It reaches 410 degrees., with tempature control. CHI does not have tempature control. That means if the set tempature is too high for your hair, it can fry.



Celebrities have nice ahir, anf they don't use CHI. They use Sedu. There is something called Sedu hairstyles on every beauty website. No CHI hairstyles right?



Also, on Folica.com, people can post reviews on products after they have tried them. Here are they stats on CHI:



52 people say it is 1 star (bad) out of out of 1077 total reviews.



Sedu:



20 people say it is 1 star (bad) out of 3675 total reviews.



Sedu has 3 times as many reviews and almost 2/3 of the people say it is bad compared to CHI.



Good luck!



Can anyone (preferably african american ladies) advise me on how to get my hair looking straight and healthy?

a quality flat iron will do wonders. price really does make a difference in the long run. i LOVE my paul mitchell iron. i also have a tiny iron by tigi bed head that is perfect for getting right down to the scalp and getting the little hairs around the hairline.



you also must make sure you use some sort of heat protectant whenever you apply high heat to your hair.



healthy hair has a sheen to it. a drop of glossing serum applied to the top layer will do wonders. oil sheen spray works, too.



i'm not sure about wrapping your hair - i have heard from many black women that to ensure your hair stays looking good, you have to wrap it at night.



i know that satin pillow cases also prevent your hair from tangling and rouging up the cuticle while you sleep.



it depends on your view, but getting a professional perm could work much better than flat ironing your hair when you need it straight.



hope this helps!



Can anyone (preferably african american ladies) advise me on how to get my hair looking straight and healthy?

I have a CHI hair straightener, and it straightens hair fast.



But its just like any other straightener when it comes to damage.



So i recommend getting a relaxer, but do regular deep conditonings to keep your hair looking and feeling healthy.



And to get a sleek pin straight look get a shine serum and a good straightner.



I would suggest S Factor shine serum. Just dont use to much or your hair will look greasy instead:s around 20 dollars canadian.



And the chi straightener. around 150? canadian.



Hoped i helped



Can anyone (preferably african american ladies) advise me on how to get my hair looking straight and healthy?

Use as little heat as possible. Cornrow your natural hair for a while without adding extensions. This can give your hair a break from products, heat and relaxing, allowing ample time for growth. Avoid small-toothed combs. They can snap your hair. Only use rat tail combs to part. Use shampoo combs for everyday combing and wrapping. (Note: I've tried all of the above)



If you relax, do so every 6-8 weeks. Three months tops. Wrapping hair does help. Wash your hair every week and deep condition. Avoid brushing hair when wet. Use a professional blow dryer with a diffuser.*



Also use as little hair products as possible. When shopping for hair products, avoid mineral oil and anything with alcohol in it. Using natural olive oil or carrot oil (not the olive oil spray or creams with extra additives) is good. Cover your head at night, but not too tightly. Also avoid gels and hairsprays. Use grease with as little ingredients as possible or skip that all together and only use *natural*, organic hair oil. Cooking oil from the grocery store is better for your hair than oil from the beauty supply store with added chemicals. In order to make the oil smell good, you can add essential oils/herbs.



Also, if you relax your hair, whenever you do, ALWAYS apply cooking olive oil first as a protective layer to prevent your hair from stripping. You can use Revlon mild instead of the "Organics" marketed box relaxer. I use Revlon mild all the time, applying olive oil first. My hair is very conditioned and shiny afterward! I tried the organics box version before. The mild formula was too strong for my hair. My mother has her cosmetologist license and taught my father how to relax hair, as well. Both of my parents relax my hair well.



Another thing, most dandruff shampoos strip African American hair from its natural oils. Also, avoid most products marketed for both Black and White American hair (ex: Pantene), as they have too many additives. Don't let a product's convincing description or advertisement fool you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans