Saturday, November 28, 2009

I'm Native American, hair help???

I have combination hair...my mom's cherokee and her hair gets oily, and my dad was lakota, and his hair was dry. my hair is a mix of the two, and i don't know what to do! The oil I can deal with by washing my hair, but what about the dryness? I have tried lotions, oils, and even products designed for African-americans because they typically have dry hair (not a racial slur, just what i've heard from african-americans in my school), but nothing works! Any tips on how to make it moisturized and shiny?



I'm Native American, hair help???

Go to salon and ask for professional help. Buying some products with natural ingredients will help. I'm not too sure if you would want to use conditioner or not. My uncle who owns a salon said that using conditioner makes you lose hair. Only the spray ones in bottles are good. Try to avoid using gel if you do. Don't use Pantene Pro-V. I find that it damages hair if its used for a long period of time. My friends and family avoid using Pantene so don't use it.



Hoped it helped. =)



I'm Native American, hair help???

Egg whites, oil massages can improve your hair. More home remedies available at http://www.wellnesstalk.org/dryhair.html



I'm Native American, hair help???

Try a normalizing shampoo and conditioner.They are formulated to be PH balanced,so it balances the two different typed of hair.Also a silk serum to use after you dry your hair will help it to be shiny and silky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans