Saturday, November 28, 2009

I am an African American, what products can I use on my hair to keep my ends from splitting.?

I had this horrible problem before and also asked the same questions. Split ends happen because the hair is drier at the ends, and the dryness causes the ends to split up the shaft.



First of all do get your ends trimmed before they keep riding up. 6 to 8 weeks is good. I trim my own layered hair with salon scissors (you can purchase at Sally's, Walgreen's, CVS, otherwise go to the salon for trim). Next, make sure you use a heat protectant when applying heat to your hair. Ends tend to split more in the winter than summer, because of the dryness so keep your ends conditioned. Also, use the heat as less as possible. If you use a curling iron, try heat rollers because they are less damaging to your ends. If you use a blowdryer invest in a hooded blow dryer because it is also less damaging to your hair. Excessive heat creates more dryness and that increases split ends. Most importantly, vigorous combing or brushing increase split ends so try to brush as less as possible to avoid that fuzzy ended look (split ends).



Suggested products: L'ANZA Daily Elements Leave In Conditioner. It has keratin which makes it easier for the hair to penetrate (or any good leave in conditioner) . Heat protectant (like Aveda' Brilliant Damage Control or Motions Heat Protector). Hair steamer and DEEP conditioner once a week because it locks in the moisture and becomes even more effective with the deep conditioner. Good luck!!



I am an African American, what products can I use on my hair to keep my ends from splitting.?

Aphogee, Kera Care, and Mizani have some great products to repair and protect damaged hair. I get relaxers and I'm trying not to put any heat on my hair. I did an Aphogee treatment for damaged hair a couple of weeks ago and I mean it really works. My hair was soft but the ends were a lot stronger. Doing this every 6 weeks really works. I would suggest you take a look at these products and stop using any heat appliances to your hair. Also remember to go and get your ends trimmed every 6 weeks to get rid of the split ends.



I am an African American, what products can I use on my hair to keep my ends from splitting.?

What I use is apple cider vinegar and pure coconut oil. Take 2 tbls. in a glass of water 2-3 x day or if dieting, before a meal. Hair and nails will grow super long. Pure coconut oil is the greatest conditioner for skin and hair. Just a dime sized amount is all that is needed for beautiful hair. Both are very inexpensive and at the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans