Saturday, November 28, 2009

I have natural African-American hair and it is so dry a forest fire could break out on my head--?

Anyone else with similar hair have suggestions for good shampoo/conditioning/moisturizing products?



I have natural African-American hair and it is so dry a forest fire could break out on my head--?

My routine...



Aphogee-Shampoo



Redken- Conditioner- Soft



Biolage- Daily Leave-In Conditioner



Carol's Daughter- Lisa's Leave in Elixer



Aphogee- Deep Conditioner/Protein Treatment (every six weeks)



Organic Root Stimulator- Lock %26amp; Twist Gel or Gyeue- Hair Gel



or....



Pure olive oil works well as a moisturizer with any shampoo/conditioner for dry/damaged hair dabbed on with a cotton ball



plus..



you don't want to use just ANY shampoo and/or conditioner because it can be drying to your hair be sure to use ONLY products that have protein or add moisture. Don't be skimpy on the price either because you often pay for what you fet. And finally...hair gel can be your enemy and your best friend. Be careful and use different brands if you wish to smooth the ends. I've tried a lot of different products myself and the above mentioned gels have been god-sends to me.



GOOD LUCK!



I have natural African-American hair and it is so dry a forest fire could break out on my head--?

I would go to a salon and have them do something with it and give you some tips. For some reason, whenever I step out of a salon, no matter what they do my hair feels beautiful.



I have natural African-American hair and it is so dry a forest fire could break out on my head--?

use the 'motions' line. and put some hair grease in it (b%26amp;b)to make it soft.



I have natural African-American hair and it is so dry a forest fire could break out on my head--?

I wish I had your texture - I heard it's best for dreads. My hair does not dread at all.



Try not to wash or wet your hair too much.



Wash with baby shampoo once a week



Use Olive oil and wrap in a warm towel for 20 minutes once a week.



Use a mixture of one part vitamin E oil, Castor oil, Shea butter and a teaspoon of pure melted bee wax nightly. Massage it into the scalp.



For public appearances spray with detangler and finger comb.



The texture should improve in 3 weeks.



I have natural African-American hair and it is so dry a forest fire could break out on my head--?

LOL, There is so much info out as to how to change one's hair that people have forgotten how to take care of their Natural.



Shampoo, it doesn't really matter what you are using. Be sure to add the conditioner. Cholesterol treatments are excellent too. You can add the Cholesterol and get under the hair dryer too. Products, Lady Hilda, Pink oil Moisturizer and and Indian hemp are some good products. You have to clip your ends as well, split ends get real rough!



I have natural African-American hair and it is so dry a forest fire could break out on my head--?

I'M NOT AFRICAN-AMERICAN, BUT I'M A PUERTO RICAN WITH DRY CURLY HAIR MYSELF AND THE BEST THING I'VE TRIED IS THE RESTORATIVE HAIR TREATMENT FROM OJON (THEY SELL THAT BRAND AT SEPHORA). THE TREATMENT CAN BE USED AS A DEEP CONDITIONER, A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR REGULAR CONDITIONER OR A FINISHING CREAM AFTER YOU STYLE YOUR HAIR. IT IS KIND OF EXPENSIVE BUT A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY AND IT'S DEFINITELY WORTH IT. THE BRAND ALSO MAKES ULTRA HYDRATING SHAMPOOS AND CONDITIONERS.



I have natural African-American hair and it is so dry a forest fire could break out on my head--?

im not an idiot. but i have the exact same kind of hair. do u have a perm. use things like "soft and beautiful" or "botanicals" to chemically straighten ur hair. if ur hair can't take chemicals use a very, very HOT hot iron called "Chi" (found at the hair salon). "soft and beautiful" works best on my hair. then, after that, curl it, either with rollers or a curling iron. this will make your hair very, very, very silky, sleek, and smooth. trust me. my hair is like that now. you should do this about every 1 to 3 weeks. depending on your hair type.



I have natural African-American hair and it is so dry a forest fire could break out on my head--?

CHOLESTEROL TREATMENT



I have natural African-American hair and it is so dry a forest fire could break out on my head--?

I am feeling your pain Girlfriend! If I may offer some suggestions; they are:



1)Stay away from products that have petroleum or mineral oil. They offer no benefits whatsoever.



2)The Organic Root Stimulator line has been very beneficial to me and my hair dryness.



3)Olive oil massaged into your hair and scalp and left in overnight and rinsed out the next is good in combatting dry hair and scalp.



I hope that this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans