Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm tired of getting perms. How can I enhance the natural curl in my hair?

I have gotten perms for a long time, and they destroy my hair. I once spent 2 whole years wearing innerlock braids to get my hair to grow. My hair had gotten very long then, so I want to perm it. The stylist practically destroyed my hair by underperming it so I'd have to come back more often for a touch-up. (I have a hunch that she was trying to make more money, because she charged $70 for each touch-up. How shady is that?) Recently, I cut off the damaged hair to start all over again, but I'm afraid if I get another perm, my hair will get more damaged. My hair is African-American and full of tiny curls, so how can I wear my natural hair nicely?



I'm tired of getting perms. How can I enhance the natural curl in my hair?

go to a new salon.. or if you have really tight tiny curls, you could try a texturizer instead of a perm... or use a childs perm. the childs is like an adult mild..... the texturizer will loosen very tight curl, not remove it... it is only left on for just a few minutes. compared to 5-10 min or longer for some brands.....the texturizer will soften hair and make it a bit more manageable to wear in a natural style......

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans