Sunday, June 20, 2010

What is good for very,very dry african-american (natural)hair and scalp?

Just cut my hair to grow it natural-perms made it break-off and start coming out. No matter what I do to it,my hair and scalp tend to get very,very dry after shampooing and conditioning it.



What is good for very,very dry african-american (natural)hair and scalp?

I have natural hair, too. Sometimes shampoos containing sodium lauryl sulfate, ammonium lauryl sulfate or sodium laureth sulfate can dry out your hair. I use Revlon Creme of Nature shampoo because it's super moisturizing, doesn't contain sulfates and it's inexpensive. Hair grease could be what is making your hair dry, too. I used to wonder why my hair felt so dry despite the amount of hair grease I used. I later learned that the mineral oil and petroleum in the grease was the problem. Mineral oil and petroleum is not easily absorbed by the hair, makes it hard for your hair to absorb moisture and can slow down hair growth by clogging your pores. I use natural oils like coconut oil and shea butter instead of grease and it made a big difference. You should also protect your hair with a silk or satin scarf or use a satin pillowcase when you go to bed. The cotton on your pillowcase will absorb moisture from your hair leading to dry hair and hair breakage.



For more information try these websites:



http://nappturality.com - very popular and active message board and is the BEST site for info on caring for natural hair. My favorite!



http://www.longhaircareforum.com is also very popular and a good source of info for caring for relaxed or natural african american hair



What is good for very,very dry african-american (natural)hair and scalp?

My mom uses Olive Oil on my neice and hers is very kinkie when she does this it works ... it only takes alittle...



What is good for very,very dry african-american (natural)hair and scalp?

It depends on the shampoo and conditioner you use. It sounds like you need deep conditioners. I use Olive Oil after washing my hair with cream of nature conditioning shampoo and africa's best hair mayonnaise hair conditioner.



check out http://blackhairtalk.proboards30.com/ind... for more help. It is a forum where people ask and answer questions regarding african american hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans