Thursday, June 17, 2010

What would happen to African-American if they stopped making perms?

I just wonder since on my thirteenth birthday I made a vow I would never use another perm again.What would we do if they no longer manufactured perms? We could use hot combs ,that's what I do when I want straight hair. But it maybe a possitive side to this.Just think how intimidated racist people would be if they saw a bunch of African-Americans walking around with afros.Black power!



What would happen to African-American if they stopped making perms?

.



It should be remembered that -- as a result of their



largely racially-admixed lineage -- not every person



-- who is a member of the largely Multi-racial Ethnic



group which has been labled by the U.S. government



as 'African-American' (AA) -- has "afro"-textured hair



nor do all of them need to wear perms / relaxers; weaves;



etc. in their hair in order to have the hair styles they desire.



Thus -- even if perms/relaxers; weaves; etc.



were to cease being made -- there are a



huge number of African-Americans (AAs)



for whom this would have little, if any impact.



For more information on the AA Ethnic



group , the link below may be of help.



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...



.



What would happen to African-American if they stopped making perms?

Nothing. There is always the weave.



What would happen to African-American if they stopped making perms?

Then more African-Americans would get braids %26amp; plaits.



I'm only half African-American %26amp; I have this long, frizzy curly hair that looks like a big afro when I wake up %26amp; for the most part, I'd like to rock the puffy, frizzy, crazy afro puff hair but simply because I live in Florida where it's hot all year round, I don't.



But if you're simply trying to make a statement for Black Power, there really is no need. Today's society is a lot more open. Women don't get perms because they want to look like white women, they get it because they like the look %26amp; style. Seriously, have you also stopped watching TV, or been to the mall? I have a lot of friends who aren't black %26amp; get their hair braided or just a bunch of friends with silky hair who wish they COULD get their hair braided.



What would happen to African-American if they stopped making perms?

I dunno. I think it would look cool because African American woman look so hot with their natural hair, and the guys look cool with afro's. They suit it!



What would happen to African-American if they stopped making perms?

thats lame - useing a hot comb to get the same effect as a straight perm - you would still rock straight hair - and the difference in how your hair got straight would prove what point ?



if white people stopped useing perms would that be white power? how about people worry about changing things in their communities instead of a hair style when it comes to elevating their people - dont get me wrong i love the afro on a chick with hair braided or twisted half way back - but thats because i love the look not because its stressing a point -

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
school loans